Sunday, September 6, 2009

Strawberry Cupcakes with Strawberry Meringue Buttercream

This week, I made Martha's Strawberry Cupcakes with Strawberry Meringue Buttercream. If you are skeered of butter, this recipe is not for you! There is a butt-ton of butter in both the cupcakes and the frosting. The cupcake batter...oh my word.... I challenge anyone to make these and not eat at least 3 tablespoons of the batter alone! Once baked, they have more of a muffin quality, and would be rather tasty for breakfast without the buttercream.

Ahhh, the buttercream! I've never made homemade buttercream frosting before, it was fun. And rather, well, buttery! Bug LOVED it! She is a self-confessed butter addict.

All in all, these were tasty and moist, and I'm guessing really really fattening!

No comments:

Post a Comment